Books in We Happy Few have passive bonuses that stack. Every book a player collects adds a stackable buff. The buff is usually pretty low, but it's still worth finding them.
Books can be found in both abandoned and Wellington Wells homes in bookcases, tables, shelves and on unconcious or deceased bodies.
List of Books and Effects:
- Bang On
- Effect: Increase damage by explosive weapons by 2%.
- Effect: All attacks cost 5% less stamina.
- Effect: Crafting no longer requires Rank 1 chemical stations.
- Effect: Blocking an attack has a 5% chance of stunning the opponent.
- Effect: Crafting no longer requires Rank 1 mechanical stations.
- Finger Pointer
- Effect: 2% chance to make NPC turn on others by talking to them.
- I Know Who I Am
- Sources of Joy accumulate 10% slower.
- Keep the Lights On
- Reduces consumption rate of powered items by 2%.
- Long Distance Runner
- Increases maximum stamina by 5%.
- Increases area of distraction devices by 3%.
- 2% chance to find extra items when looting.
- Healing items give 10% more health and activate 20% faster.
- You Seem Familiar Somehow
- Reduces Crier suspicion by 5%.